Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Joys of Being a Runner...


Apparently, I think I am completely capable of running 5 miles a day without icing/heating my knees.  I learned differently the hard way, today at the gym.  I was on the treadmill, feeling good hitting mile 2, and BOOM out of no where my right knee gave out.  I got off immediately, in fear of making myself worse, and hopped on the elliptical.  Got off that machine after about 2 minutes, because my knee was screaming, "NO" at me.  Been icing/heating it ever since, so hopefully I'll be ready for my 5 am run in the morning.
Sore feet, red/cracked heels, swelling, etc..
Thanks to a certain someone, these new Asics running shoes came in the mail today.  Hopefully, this is just what I'll need to get my feet back on track (literally).  Can't wait to put some mileage on these bad boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment