Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

A Very Delayed Valentines Day Part 2

Love yourself.


I have noticed with so many people, including myself, that we spend so much time loving/caring for other people that we forget to love and care for ourselves.


Exercising and a healthy diet can only get you so far, if you don't believe in yourself, it won't even be worth it.


I had a really rough, emotional week last week.  I took a few days off, ate my feelings, and sulked in my own sorrows.  I saw myself as "Gina" from this season's The Biggest Loser in last weeks episode.  She was having a really rough week and let herself give up temporarily.  Although I was frustrated with her and confused on how she was giving up so "easily" after all of her hard work, it finally made sense to me that sometimes, WE FALL DOWN!

Guess what? That's okay.

You know how the saying goes friends:

FALL DOWN 7, STAND UP 8! 

Life and our emotions are constantly in our faces.  It's up to us to have the courage to work through those issues and to get your butt up anyway.

Sure, I may have struggled, but I got back on my feet and continued on with this journey.  In fact, I think those struggles have definitely made me a stronger person, both physically and emotionally.

So, like I said, LOVE YOURSELF! Treat yourself!! I am currently addicted to my New Zella's (running tights) and my new Nike dry-fit shirts! 

I realized that in order to keep ME motivated, I buy myself new workout gear.  Like any other items of clothing, the first thing I do when I buy something is wear it as soon as possible! I keep the same mindset with running shoes or workout clothes.  I just want to show them off immediately and feel hot in them!

Always remember that whenever you go through a slump you will always come out of it and probably as a stronger person than you were before.  Take a listen to "Shake It Out" by Florence and the Machine.  It helps get me back on my feet :-)

After my hard week I started at 2 miles Thursday, 3 Friday and Saturday, 4 Sunday and today (Monday).  I know in no time at all I will be back at 5 a day.  I believe in myself.  I am now focusing on taking this healthy lifestyle day by day, instead of only seeing myself with a Ronda Rousey body the day of the marathon ;-D (although I still hope to have that!)

Remember that each day will be a new workout, new run, new ideas, new goals, and new emotions.  Take each day by storm and be excited when you reach your goals, but don't let that be your sole focus - stay excited about each and every day.  Happy Monday my friends.  Make it a great week.










Stay Encouraged! ;-)

-C


PS-
I had some complications with my last Pinterest account, so I decided to make a new one! It'll be pretty blank at first, but I'll be pinning away in no time again.

pinterest.com/caitlinrbryant

username: caitylately


1 comment:

  1. What an awesome and real life testimony. I like that the setback is a story that anyone can tell, and that you provide encouragement and forgiveness to start anew. THANK YOU for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete