Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

GREEN MACHINE! (Valentine's Day part 1)

With Valentine's Day Approaching...

Men and women are racing to the store for last minute flowers, chocolates, and jewelry.  

What does my man get me?

A JUICER!!! 

Boy, am I happy!
I have wanted a juicer for quite some time and my time has finally arrived.  

I was so excited that I ran to the grocery store and spent about $30 on fruits and veggies alone.  


I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for different recipes for the healthiest juices.  I decided to make my own recipe instead of following one off the internet and WOW was it delicious -- and super healthy! 
I made this "Green Machine" with a cup of kale, cup of spinach, 2 kiwis, one green apple (cored), one pear (cored), one peach, half a cucumber, half a lemon, and 2 celery stalks.
   Thanks to the "Fitness and Nutrition" twitter account, I found a great way to put use to the leftover fruit remains: 
I know it doesn't look very appealing, but scrape the fruit out and mix it with nonfat Greek yogurt! Gives your yogurt lots of flavor and makes it very sweet.

 I have decided that I will juice twice a week from now on.  Prepare your fruits and veggies that you will be using for your juicing on Monday.  Store them in the fridge in containers to save you time 
 when you're ready to juice! 


Many of you may be "Blenders" instead of "Juicers" 

That's okay! I blended before I juiced, too. 

According to this "RateYourBurn" website, there are benefits that come out of both juicing and blending, so don't feel discouraged! Blend or juice away.  


Stay fruitful! ;-)

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment