Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April Ambition!

We are in the midst of spring, friends!  Walk around, smell the flowers, and enjoy the breeze ;-D 


More importantly, set some rules/goals for yourself.  We're only a week into April, so I set a lovely goal for myself: "NO CHEAT APRIL" 

That's right... NO CHEATING! Try going an entire month with no sweets and see how it changes your body.  This shouldn't be too hard since we only have about 3 weeks left of April!

I've posted a few alternatives to sweet cravings on my blog thus far and I will be sure to post more throughout April to satisfy your sweet tooth, because if you're anything like me, you've got a bad one! 

Natural sugars are more than okay.  It is so good for your body to have one serving of fruit a day.  Mangos, my favorite fruit, are probably the most satisfying for a sweet tooth.  And homemade mango popsicles? Life changing. 

Try something this month that works for you!  Maybe "No cheese April" or "No soda April".  I promise that these small changes will greatly impact your health and body.  Maybe after this month you'll get used to those changes, and instead of going back to making them a part of your diet, they can be a treat instead!  

Need help along the way?  Help YOURSELF!  I now love leaving myself sticky notes throughout the house reminding me of how far I've come and to not give up.  Get creative with what you write on your sticky notes and where you place them.  I put one on my bed after I make it (yes, I do make my bed although it may appear otherwise in pictures) with a question, "Sure you wanna lay down and be lazy?" Instantaneously, I get up and start doing some home workouts!  Who would have thought I could get so much exercise in when originally my plan was to be lazy?  

Another help method: "bikini bff".  Take that cute, teeny bikini every where with you.  I'm not kidding.  Bring it with you to the bathroom, hang it on top of your drawers/closet, hang it in the kitchen while you cook, sleep with it on your bed.  It sounds sickening, but it actually works.  It forces you to have this unhealthy (yet ultimately healthy) drive that makes you obsessed with the idea of perfectly fitting into that bikini.  


Whatever "No Cheat April" you decide to do, remember you are doing it for no one else, but yourself.  Make sure you choose a cheat that you struggle with most; one that you feel your body would be healthier without.  That's the one that's worth it!  Now go take in the beauty of this world and have the happiest of Tuesday's.  I leave you with one of my favorite songs to get you in that happy, full of life mood-

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring, realistic and achievable! Thanks for the great ideas and motivation ;)

    ReplyDelete