Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

JUST DANCE


 NEVER DREAD A WORKOUT! 

Rihanna

Working out should be something to look forward to.  But, being the ridiculous human beings that we are, we have days where working out sounds dreadful and quite frankly annoying.  Let's be honest, having to spend an hour with the bike or elliptical doesn't sound very exciting sometimes.  So what do we do when these emotions take over us? DANCE. 

Last night, my beautiful girlfriends and I headed south to San Jose and saw the one and only BADGALRIHRIH in concert.  Not only did we have the time of our lives, but we probably burned at LEAST 500 calories dancing our butts off. 


Dancing with my girl *pour it up, pour it up* 
Yes, I danced and duck-faced the night away. 

Don't feel like going for a run, or heading to the gym?  Call up your girls and have a DANCE party or just go out dancing!  You don't need to go to a Rihanna concert just to dance all night and you don't need to go to a club just to get wasted.  I need to start making a habit out of just dancing with my girlfriends to burn those extra calories.  Dancing makes you happy AND you're burning fat -- what more can a girl want? ;-) I drank only 2 drinks at the concert and guess what?  I don't regret it one bit.  Remember, it's okay to treat yourself sometimes, it actually helps you stay on track better as long as you don't overdo it.  I usually have one drink per week, which mainly consists of a glass of wine, and one glass of wine is good for the heart!  



According to this online health article, dancing tones your entire body, reduces stress, builds confidence, and increases stamina and flexibility!  So grab your heels, grab your girls, and get out there! 

SWEET CRAVING OF THE WEEK-

Homemade popsicles!


Prepare your fruit.  I used peaches, kiwis, and strawberries.  Juice whichever combinations you'd like and"juice it up" in your juicer. 


I bought these at the grocery store down the street from my house for a couple bucks.  Fill 'em up and stick 'em in the freezer for a few hours.

My strawberry and peach popsicle... DELICIOUS!  No preservatives and all natural sugar.  I'm officially addicted.  I also made kiwi lime, raspberry, and blueberry! So easy and effortless.


Stay euphoric! ;-)

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment