Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Say Goodbye To Numbers!

Counting calories is a HUGE waste of time.

People constantly drive themselves crazy and stress over how many calories is in whatever it is they're about to eat. FORGET IT! I haven't counted calories once since I've been on this workout grind.

Rather than stressing yourself out, you should focus on what the FOOD is instead.  Put all your stress into that.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there are less calories in a banana than a bag of chips.  Choose your foods wisely and keep your portions small.

I am constantly eating all day long -- keeping my body full of veggies, fruits, and unsalted almonds.  I snack until it's dinner time and you should too!  Just be a smart snacker and keep your portions light.  The more your body can constantly digest food, the better your metabolism will be.

Marathon Training Update-

Yes, the marathon may be 9 months away, but I can't help but make sure my body is in tip-top condition for the big day.  Since December, I've started running 2 miles a day for most days.
2-3 weeks later I stepped it up to 3 miles.
 I am now running at 4 miles a day with an average time of 37 minutes.  Not the greatest time, but I'm focusing on consistency.  The more I run long(ish) distances, the easier it will get, and then I will be able to push myself even harder to either run 4 miles in a faster time, or bump it up to 5. 
Weekends are different.  Fridays are normally my Sundays (which is commonly known as the resting day).  I eat a delicious spaghetti dinner with light sauce, extra veggies, and whole wheat pasta to fuel me up for a long run Saturday.  Saturday runs are 6-8 miles (for now).
Come Sunday, I jump back to 4 miles and "rest" by jogging it out instead of running.


Progress Picture!

Left: taken in mid December.  Right: taken in mid January. Abs are starting to get more defined and the chub is slowly melting!


My appearance is starting to look a lot more lean in general.  Please excuse the disaster room hit by Hurricane Caitlin.  It's clean now! ;) 






Running songs of the week: 






Today's Run!


Loving my new Nike shirt! "Me vs. Road" on the back. "RUN" on the front. 

Post-today's run.  Sweat it out and MAKE IT NASTY!

Stay Motivated! ;-) 

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment