Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Train Hard In The Gym, But HARDER In The Kitchen!

Weight Loss Is 80% Diet, 20% Exercise. 

I have had a gym membership for about 6 years now.  I've always loved a good work out, but I loved going to Chipotle afterward, too (especially for one of those scrumptious burrito bowls with sour cream and cheese)!

I've changed my diet since the first of December and MY what a difference has it made in my body.

Not only do I FEEL good, but I am lookin' it as well! 

 

How I've changed my diet-


Step 1). Convert to an organic lifestyle! 
- I am an organic junky now.  Don't let Whole Foods mislead you.  Although their food is indeed fresh, delicious, and organic, you can also get the SAME foods from any grocery store (just read your labels).  Fresh & Easy and Trader Joes are also a lot cheaper than Whole Foods.

Step 2). Eliminate ALL dairy!
- Let's face it, I'm a cheese whore.  I love all kinds of cheese from Gouda to Pepperjack.  I have replaced cheese with adding extra veggies instead.  When you fall in love with your replacement, it's a lot easier to forget about what you've replaced! (Kinda like a relationship ;D)
-I also switched from nonfat milk to Almond milk! Almond milk is delicious and on sale a lot of the time, which is always a plus.  Almond milk tastes great as a splash in your protein shake and in oatmeal.
-Another replacement I have made is eating frozen grapes instead of frozen yogurt! Frozen grapes are my best friends.  They taste like popsicles and are so easy when you need a grab-and-go snack.

Step 3). Protein Shakes!
-You don't need a specific brand of protein.  Walk into GMC, talk to a staff member, and ask them for advice on what kind of protein would be best suitable for your body, diet, and exercise.  I am currently using "Lean Shake"which I drink one for breakfast and one for lunch.  NOTE: Do NOT make that your only source of food until dinner.  It is so important to snack on veggies and fruits all day long, on top of your shakes.  I also like to eat a piece of whole wheat bread with a little organic peanut butter on top as a tasty snack.  Keep your metabolism going!

Take a look at what I've been giving my body! -




Chicken marinated in orange juice, garlic salt, and pepper, grilled veggies, and pearled couscous

Whole wheat pancakes, add shaved almonds, organic peanut butter, and bananas.  Use organic apple butter instead of syrup!


Whole wheat veggie pasta.  Tomatoes, garlic, basil, lemon zest, artichoke hearts, broccolini, and shaved parm!

My FAVORITE dinner. Coconut crusted chicken with pineapple salsa! Thanks to Pinterest you can find the recipe here -- original recipe calls for mango, but I loved the pineapple!

Grilled rosemary and lemon chicken with veggies and couscous grain!
Salmon with grilled veggies -- I love LOTS of spinach with my salmon

Turkey meatballs with couscous grain and broccoli
Frozen grapes, carrots, and snow peas.






SNACKS! 
SWEET CRAVINGS! A few raspberries with a dark chocolate chip inside. DELICIOUS!


MOST IMPORTANTLY... Drink that H2O till you can't NO MO! 

When your diet is healthy and you're working out a lot, drink a gallon of water every single day.  I take my water bottle with me EVERY WHERE! 

 

 Stay Healthy! ;-) 

-C



No comments:

Post a Comment